Collaboration to Improve Childcare at WISE Meeting
On July 17th, a WISE Childcare meeting was held at The Parenting Place to discuss strategies to improve Childcare in our region. Success stories, practice suggestions, and challenges were considered in order to enhance our childcare. Thank you to First Children’s Finance and Rhonda, Daycare owner in Davenport Iowa, for sharing your experience with the group.
2017 Workforce Summit
Below are pictures and the best practices speaker presentation links from the event!
Bonus: Talent Upload Video
Bonus: First Five Years Video
Click here to read La Crosse Tribune’s report on how 120 businesses connected and collaborated at the 2017 Workforce Summit!
Creation of a Regional Talent Plan
The 7 Rivers Alliance will work with key stakeholders to develop workforce attraction and retention strategies for entry level to the C-Suite positions. The regional talent plan will provide a blueprint for developing and strengthening internal and external employee pipelines to support current and future employers in the 7 Rivers Region. The creation and implementation of a regional talent plan will help employers to fill jobs over the next 10 years. The plan will include the following elements:
- Vision: Creating a shared vision for the 7 Rivers Region provides direction for the numerous stakeholders who participate in and contribute to the workforce development systems in the 7 Rivers Region
- Goals: Working with stakeholders to identify the primary and supporting goals for the workforce strategy helps to support and clarify the scope of the project.
- Communications: Unifying the work of numerous organizations into one master plan will require consistent and ongoing conversations and distribution of information
- Assets: Identifying and mapping regional assets is an important first step in developing a regional workforce strategy. Stakeholders explore what can be accomplished by working together and sharing resources.
- Analysis: Labor market analytics allow for projections about how key sectors will fare over time and provide gap projections for employment throughout the region.
- Framework: The process by which the wide range of possibilities become focused strategies of the most promising practices to fill the gaps identified by the asset mapping and analysis. The framework with outline the focus, strategy and goals of the workforce plan.
- Initiatives: Priority projects will be identified to support each strategy in the framework . They are clear, measurable and engage stakeholders in the implementation of short and long term solutions with completion dates.
- Policies: The emerging themes and barriers to business growth will be identified through focused conversations with students, workers and employers. The information gathered will guide the formation of policy recommendations that will be shared with state and federal agencies and elected officials.
Project Launch: October 1, 2016 Project Completion: September 30, 2017
WISE Work Groups
If you would like to be a part of any workgroup in the coming months, please contact Chin-Chin at
email@example.com. To view the locations and times of the meetings taking place next week, please click on the table below.
WISE in the News!
March, 21, 2017
February 15, 2017
January 30, 2017
October 14, 2016
October 3, 2016