- Great Lakes Biomass State-Regional Partnership (GLBSRP) – Encourages greater production and use of biomass for energy generation
- Midwest Renewable Energy Association (MREA) – Promotes renewable energy, energy efficiency, and sustainable living through education and demonstration
- Radiant Panel Alliance- An association of manufacturers, distributors, designers, dealers, and installers of radiant panel heating and cooling systems and components. Site includes educational information on alternative energy
- Sierra Club’s Green Life – Green environment information
- Sustainable Toolkit for Local Government – Information about sustainability compiled by the EPA
- U.S. Department of Energy – Information on various types of energy. Includes information on how consumers can be more energy efficient
- Dairyland Power Cooperative – Energy and environmental resources
- Xcel Energy – Energy and environmental information
Business Web Portals
- Startup America Partnership – Funds are available to help startups expand. Click to find out if you qualify for the resources.
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- Free Business Tools – Provides helpful tools to business owners looking to grow their business, both offline & online businesses
- Six Steps to Begin Exporting – A tool to help small businesses tap into the global marketplace and grow their business.
- Business.gov – Official business link to the U.S. Government
- First Step Employment Law Advisor – Helps employers determine which federal employment laws administered by the U.S. Department of Labor apply to their business or organization, what recordkeeping and reporting requirements they must comply with, and which posters they need to post
- Global Student Entrepreneur Awards (GSEA) – Contest for students achieving entrepreneurial success
- IRS.gov – Website with access to all federal tax forms and also business management information
- LocationOne Information System (LOIS) – A real-time economic development/GIS-enhanced site selection engine. Regardless of size, any community can participate in a robust database of buildings, sites, and hundreds of business climate statistics
- Military Connection – Connects candidates from the military community with top job opportunities in all areas, and visa versa
- National Dialogue on Entrepreneurship (NDE) – Entrepreneurship information
- Small Business Development Center National Information Clearinghouse (SBDCNET)– National information portal produced by the Small Business Development Centers for business owners as a resource providing relevant research, web-based information, and training to SBDC counselors and their small business clients
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Rural Development – Provides consultations, assistance and funding opportunities for individuals and businesses located in rural communities
- Yak About It – A retail site that features products from independent entrepreneurs only
- Business Planning Tips & Templates – largest repository of info on creating a business plan, the first step of any small business. Their sample plans are great starting point.
- Ecommerce Fulfillment– Being an entrepreneur in this digital world can be made easier though ecommerce fulfillment services.
- American Red Cross – First contact for basic needs such as food, shelter, and clothing
- Farm Service Agency – Provides assistance for natural disaster losses, resulting from drought, flood, fire, freeze, tornadoes, pest infestation, and other calamities to farmers and ranchers
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) – Clearinghouse for recovery services. Information on how to prepare for disasters, receiving assistance, and rebuilding
- Storm Recovery Guide – Originally created by LSU, it has been edited by Iowa State. Many helpful tips including how to enter a home after a disaster, food, water, and other issues
- Downtown and Business District Market Analysis – Market data and geographic information systems to identify economic opportunities in small cities
- Downtown Economics – Ideas for increasing economic vitality in community business districts
- Innovative Downtown Businesses – Innovative ideas for existing and prospective entrepreneurs for downtowns and business expansion and recruitment efforts
- Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) – National, regional, industry, and international statistics that present essential information on key issues including: economic growth, regional economic development, interindustry relationships, and the nation’s position in the world economy
- City-Data.com – Data from numerous sources to create complete and interesting profiles of most U.S. cities
- Community Economic Development HotReport (CED) – Access for users seeking economic indicators for individual counties or for the Employment & Training Administration’s WIRED Regions
- U.S. Census Bureau – Population, housing, economic, and geographic data and statistics
- LOIS – A searchable economic development database with detailed information on sites, buildings, and locations for businesses looking to grow.
- Association Montessori Internationale – Research on Montessori education
- Waldorf Education – education based on a developmental approach. Site includes studies done on Waldorf graduates. The 7 Rivers Region has three Waldorf schools
- Military to Public Service: Criminal Justice & Veterans – education for veterans looking to transition to criminal justice
- OSHA Statistics & Data – Information on inspections and workplace illness, injury, and fatality statistics. Multiple links to other data and OSHA information
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) – Information on grants, statistics, and publications regarding substance abuse and mental health
- Mesothelioma Justice Network provides educational resources, support, and information to anyone that may have questions about asbestos.
- A Guide to Common Recovery Terms– Information to help understand recovery vernacular.
- Consumer Safety Guide – recent information on the most popular prescription medications and FDA-approved medical devices that could be endangering your health or putting your loved ones at risk.
- Global Enterprise – A Primer on Exporting – A free, self-paced course that provides practical guidance on exploring international markets. Course offered by the Small Business Administration.
- What Is Addiction Therapy, and Does It Work?
- General information on forms of behavioral therapy and how they can be used.
- The Role of the Counselor in Addiction Recovery
- Describes the role a counselor or advocate can have during the addiction recovery process.
- Promoting Mental Health at Home: How to Design the Perfect Meditation Room
- Ideas for creating spaces conducive to meditative thought.
- 5 Ways Your Fitness Tracker Can Help You Beat Addictive Behaviors
- Unique ways having a fitness tracker can foster growth to the body, but more importantly to the person’s mental health state.
- How Many Vices Should You Quit at Once?
- Weighs important decisions on which approach(s) could be taken to address the vices in life.
- Drug Rehab: A Guide for Addiction and Mental Health
- Educational guides on addiction & mental health.